NodeJS Authentication with Android is a modular, user-oriented app written using Android front-end and NodeJS (with passport and various other frameworks).
It's is a production-ready, multi-threaded app written natively in the latest version of Android Studio (2.4 Preview 6) with the latest SDKs and made fully compatible with the latest versions of Android. <br /> However, older versions of Android ie. below SDK 21, may have issues running some features, including native material design animations, support for SVG files and the Marshmellow Permissions system. That said, these can still be made to work <em>with a little bit of tweaking</em>.
The Node API Features:
- Login with username or email (with constant checks to ensure invalid data isn’t accepted
- Fully JSON resposive
- Uses JWT for authentication, but other methods can also be re-implemented ie. sessions, cookies, etc
- Random avatar generation using sophisticated third-party open source APIs. This is done during registration but can be re-done at any other point within the Client-side app
- A registration confirmation route to send an email to the registered email.
- Check if logged in user has confirmed email or not
- Username and email are checked for uniqueness upon registration
- It features a natively implemented ‘forgot password’ route (The link sent to the user’s email address can only be opened within the app. Browsers will reject it as an…